Just the fan, Bablu ji!




Delhi is super hot this year, I think much more than the previous years I have lived here. Also, adding to this is the fact is that I have been living in a room with the fan not working and the cooler without a pump, so what happens is that the cooler throws air, which is hot and killing!

I have been staying alone in Delhi and I am liking the experience till now. It is nice and pleasant. But about 8 days ago, my fan stopped working and right on the next day, my cooler's pump stopped too. I stay alone in the room, so I complained it to my landlady about this and she gave me the no. of this electrician called Bablu ji. 

Now the thing is that when Bablu ji comes to repair the fan/cooler, I have already left for office and when I come back (which is late), I can't get Bablu ji. Amidst this mismatch of time between me and bablu ji, I had started to grow accustomed to the whole concept of living in a room without a fan and a hot cooler! In the beginning, this was a huge problem for me, but as I continued with it every day I realized that MAN can survive anywhere and any how.

Something similar happened to me when I had just moved to the same house in Delhi, about 3 months ago. The power in my room had just stopped, so every day I would take a bath with cold water and read and write in candle light (Mind you this was winters and hence the geyser had become such an important part of my life). The landlady gave me the same Bablu ji's reference and he took about 20 days to come and repair the power situation and provided me with the geyser. But till then, life had taught me this lesson that what I thought was just an addiction today for me, were actually luxuries in the older times and are still luxuries for many people who belong from a class quite different.
 All thanks to Bablu ji!

My parents called me last night and they scolded me. My dad said that I should call the dealer and get a split AC fixed in my room. My mom said that it was so careless of me not to call an electrician and get things fixed. I could not argue. But actually speaking, wasn't it a carefully drafted plan to see and 'learn' things! But I love my parents and I like all the love they shower on me!

This morning, I also realized that I should not challenge the Weather Gods . I started puking and everything I ate was coming out. So, I took a call and decided not to go to office and waited for Bablu ji.

Bablu ji came, examined things and said that he will repair the cooler pump first as that would be nice for me. That would provide me relief. But I said 
"Bablu ji, I don't need the cooler now. I just need the fan"

Mahatma Gandhi was once asked to describe an ideal life style and he responded by saying "Simple living and High Thinking"
.
 "Just the fan, Bablu ji" :)

Comments

So true Harish.... it's all adaptation! One just needs to be patient enough.

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!