'WAR FOR PEACE'
A paper on 'GLOBALISATION: CHALLENGES AND ISSUES'.
by K. Harish Singh
- 'WAR FOR PEACE' tracks down the changes a Homo Sapien has seen and incurred in the long process of its existence.
He has seen the stone age, the bronze age, the iron age and so on and now, with theinvention of technology, he is in a new age.
- In this age, armies created for self defence, have become a major tool of ATTACK, or may be KILLING.
- Does this violence make sense to an 'educated' man?
- Does man actually need a WAR for peace?
• The research is undertaken to talk and discuss about how a man grew out of the jungle in general, and started learning things.
• He learnt things very fast, was a curious 'animal and that is what drove him.
• But is there one thing which brought him at a place, where he is confused and in many ways trapped in his own 'technology'.
• REVIEW OF LITERATURE:
- Various daily newspaper articles have been raising this question about the fact that did man actually 'BEGIN' things to be ended like this?
- ONLY 11 countries in the world are currently at peace, a shocking new study has revealed. Out of 162 countries, 151 of the world's nations are currently involved in some form of conflict.
For this, we will go through the text and literature and study done.
For the presentation, we will look into the history of mankind.
We will also discuss how man has grown into the world and started doing his act.
- Moving out of the forests:
As man moved out of the forest, he started making 'SETTLEMENTS'.
For this, he needed anew thing which could solve a lot of problems. Man did not know, that there was something in store for him. There was something, which was yet to be discovered.
It was the WHEEL.
It did help him with pottery and similar things, but the biggest change it got was transportation...
- As the wheel came in, what interested the man was the act of 'FARMING'.
With this, came the 'LAND', and man was engrossed into farming.
- As he worked hard and continued farming, unintended feelings of JEALOUSY and COMPETITION came in.
- With more land, came in more GREED. This is the time which crossed competition EGO was born. Men started having disputes and no-one knows, when did these disputes turn into WARS.
- Man started the wars and he is unfortunately still into the destruction.
- The war is not getting over and it is directly proportional to development. The world is looking for excuses to fight.
As the life is getting complicated, the problems are getting more complex.
- The Condition in INDIA:
How could India be left behind in the race for so called 'DEVELOPMENT, BUT NO PEACE'
On one hand we have there is religion-based terrorism, where people ar not just shouting their religions, but attacking too.
This is not restricted to one religion, but every religion which would have started to spread PEACE, has a SECT, which destroying the reason it was made.
Peaceful religions like Islam, Sikhism, Hinduism and Christianity have an unwanted sect which is anti-peace.
- The AFSPA (Armed forces Special Powers Act)- An act which was in action in regions of Kashmir and the region of North East, allows every 'UNIFORMED' man to arrest anyone without a charge sheet.
These regions are naturally very beautiful and have a lovely culture of their own is being exploited by the Indian government.
They are being forced to become a part of the Indian-mainland when they do not want to.
This in-turn is irritating the local man there and waging a huge internal conflict, which could have been solved with ease.
PATRIOTISM is a disease.
“I’m a lover of my own liberty, and so I would do nothing to restrict yours.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
This feeling of greed and ignorance has been leading to wars and destruction everywhere on the planet.
Now when we look at the whole cause, we realise that the war is out of our hands, but peace and organisation can be restored only on a PERSONAL LEVEL.
Spread love, educate love and smile.
[THIS IS A PAPER WHICH THE WRITER PRESENTED AT THE NATIONAL SEMINAR ON ANTHROPOLOGY, IGNOU, NEW DELHI.]