The soothing holiday...

I was quite exhausted after directing a short film and finishing a play. Everything happened in a great way, thanks to the universe.

I wanted a break, so I took a week off to Hyderabad, which had no cousins, only 'Tuffy' (my uncle's lovely pet and an old friend!). I had decided to just eat and sleep. We had got the train tickets reserved and I got this news that this cousin of mine was returning to India, from outside, after about 6-7 years. I was still aiming at re-charging myself.

I had brought a book of Tagore's short stories, which I had started reading mid-way. I had also thought that I will start working on the next play and street play. But again, my major motive was to sleep.
The week passed off in days and I kept looking for the week!

But one thing which was good was that I got a video byte and I was happy for it. I also attended a couple of functions and loads of non-veg stuff and majorly, Biryani!

I also attended my older aunt and uncle and realised the importance of feeling things, which inspired me to write! I was not writing on paper, I was just trying to record things in my mind, as I did not want to miss the moments, which were amazing.

Tuffy was always there to sit with me in the evenings and look up into the sky, silently. Soothing!
I would be leaving for Vijaywada tomorrow, spend a day there and then back to Delhi. Lots of stuff to write. I usually like holidays which has my favourite cousins around, but once in a blue moon, I enjoy these soothing holidays too, where I think a lot too, sleep and do nothing else. But the icing on the cake was the happy faces of the older aunt and uncle. See you in the next city :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!