Mumbai Film Festival - 2012!

MAMI, as it was called till last year was changed to Mumbai Film Festival (Thanks to the change in the sponsors) and it was on. I went to the movie hall to find out more about it.

Before going to the hall I had heard that if have an AD's (Assistant Director's) Card, I would have to pay less. I reached the counter. So I saw the categories: Normal- 1400/- and IFTD (Indian Film and Tv directors) card: 1000/-. I was about to go for the 2nd option and I saw the third category ( Students- 800/- ) I saw this and I was happy. I took out my expired NID card and got entry.

The joy of a film festival apart from the films being screened is the fact that I could watch any 'n' number of films for 800 bucks. With that excitement I entered cine max.
And what was better was that the films were getting screened at the Gold class halls. So unlike the Osian's (Siri Fort, Delhi), there would be halls with a better sound and better chairs too!

The joy was amazing and indescribable. I got in the movie hall before the film started. I took my seat, and was waiting for the film to begin. It is this time of any film when I am superbly excited. The time when people are coming in and settling down. It is also the same time when we see ads, and trust me, we are so excited in general, that we can see anything...absolutely anything! So I followed a couple of 'No Smoking' ads which featured and obviously I was excited. I started my journey traveling across different stories and landscapes across the world. The whole day I was lost in languages, cultures, lands and most importantly, cinema!

I think this is how films should be viewed, in a group. It is actually a medium to be viewed on the big screen seen in a hall. That's how it started, but with the advent of the tv or the laptop, now it is a personal medium. But it is meant for a public viewing wwhere the jokes, the sadness and everything else needs to be shared. I would anyday prefer watching the films on a big screen or in a group on a laptop, leaving watching it on a laptop as the last option. Something I have learnt from this festival :)

So my journey in exploring myself and the whole journey of cinema continues...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!