CIRCLES!


11 pm, Gurgaon.

Was a lovely workshop.

So, I had a lovely time with the senior citizens of an organisation, which had called me to take a theatre workshop for them.They had called it 'HAPPINESS THEATRE WORKSHOP' and my idea was to make them play some games, which made them happy. I ended the workshop and while coming back home, this idea crossed my mind. The idea, I would like to call 'Circles'!

May be it would be clearer if we call it 'LOOPS'. Our life is full of so many loops. When I looked at these older people, I realised that our lives are a combination of loops. To explain it further, one loop is the 'day'loop:
We get up every morning, get ready for work, do our work every day, have coffee time every day, have lunch every day, come back in the evening, have dinner and we sleep off. And when we get up, the same music begins again!

There is nothing wrong in it. May be I had a problem with it, always. I have so many of my friends who are working hard in this loop system and are earning pretty well too. But when I look at my life from a bigger perspective, is earning my only ambition? I wonder.
I guess I had a problem with the repetition. When I write my plays, I make it a point that the script is unpredictable. I guess, sub-consciously, I had been working to make my life similar.
Whenever we are told to think of a new creative idea, we are told to think 'Out of the box'. This is a western terminology. I guess in the East, it should be to 'thing out of the Circle'. That is the reason when we bump into each other, we often use the phrase "...duniya gol hai!" (The world is round).
As a design student, when I look at Western designs, they use a lot of straight lines, with vertices. But Eastern designs are lot of curves and circles.

I would also like to have something new. Though I am Indian, I would love to experience different forms of cooking. But at the end, I would like to come back to my roots. I guess this is the only circle which has made me the person I am.
And I realised that to break my life's monotonous circle, I need to not only do new things, but think new things.

I also realised that according to my circle hypothesis, we need to respect everyone, everyone is the same age, figuratively. So, I need to respect everyone. Obviosly the older people, but also the younger ones. I will just have friends every where and no enemies. Some would be closer funds, and some would just be acquaintances. But one thing is for sure that there would be no enemy of ours.
And when I follow the same hypothesis, God would be my friend too. He would be guiding me, helping and in turn would be asking me to be 'Good'. It would be as simple as it gets. This would definitely be completing my circles of unpredictability. I would like to end this post, with a beautiful Baul poem by an unknown Baul poet, translated in English by Rabindranath Tagore:

" ...said the man to the God,
I am just the boat,
you are the boat-man, you are the sea,
guide me wherever you want.
I am nothing,
I am nothing."

It was a lovely workshop. I came back and my work resumed.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!