My Interesting Displacement!


7:30 am, Delhi

It was early morning and I was still on my bed.
Up, but still not awake. There was a watsapp tone which shook me, but as I checked my phone, I saw that there were more than quite a few watsapp messages. It was a series of messages from different places which questioned my existence in a time-space dimension of 'X', 'Y' and 'Z'.

I had recently shifted to this new village inside Delhi, but my cousins were in Hyderabad, sending me images of the Biryani party they had celebrated, but what was bigger than the taste of Biryani was the long and interesting chat which followed. But before I could read the whole thing, I had a very dear cousin of mine visiting Europe, sending some amazing images. Heaven she was in with the brilliant architecture.

But before I could gather myself, I heard a cock crowing. This was surreal. It was straight out of a Salvador Dali painting in the surreal era in Notre Dam, as most of the readers won't believe that there is a cock crowing in the busy Delhi, but I guess that is how strange life is. It crows in this village in Delhi. It is almost as surreal as Salvador Dali painting!
This is one of the reasons I loved this house.

As I was up, I started folding my bed-sheet and my plans for the day, I realised that the college I teach is on a fortnight's off. I had to write a new street play for Kamaan. I have always believed that life should never be 'free' to give you a moment to think of the next one.
As I set my bed, my mind was coming up with ideas, though stupid, to work on my next play.
As I had to make a breakfast for myself, I had to write my play. It was quite an exciting idea as I had never thought of this idea ever.

I knew that but the time this day would end, I would not have finished half of my 'To-do' things, but there is this joy of writing a 'To-do' list, as you know that you will finish at least some of them.

As time passed, I wrote, I checked newer pictures of Europe, Biryani and my newer rendition of the script.
It was time for me to to switch off, but I checked my 'to-do list' and I had finished more than half of it. Satisfaction with me traveling around the world, sitting right there on my desk!

Thank God for my friends who have whatsapp and my number, who keep taking me on a 'World tour', through my new script! I switch of, still half-displaced, half-settled, half me!
Good night.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!