Chai-cheeni-wait!





"...Abey cheeni chahiye yar!"
Shouted Vishwajeet. It was about 11:30 at night and I was not sure whether there would be shops open. We were both working and all of a sudden we had this wild craving for chai. It was mid monsoon, and Mumbai was happy showering its pleasures on its people. I looked out, it was still raining.
So we took our umbrellas and started searching in the darkness. The shops close to our house had shut down, so we had to contemplate about the next option and we continued walking. After searching for about half an hour we came to this shop, which was about to shut down.

Vishwajeet saw it in time and in no time, we had got a kg of sugar. The shop shut and we walked back to our place with joy.
I can cook most of the edible things but when it comes to chai, I always like someone else to do it for me. Vishwajeet's room is right next to the kitchen. He took the sugar inside the kitchen and I went and started working in my room, waiting for the chai. We were both working for about an hour, with no one talking (which is quite common at my place). Meanwhile, all excited about the chai, I made this sketch on my notebook. but still it wasn't there!
I got up and walked to the next room, and there was Vishwajeet fast asleep, with the lights on. I felt bad, that there would be no chai. I did not want to have it alone, even I was sleepy. I would have had it with Vishwajeet, his humuor adding to the other reasons having chai.
I walked up and switched off the light.
"Yaar kal peete hain...aaj thak gaye!" (Let's have it tomorrow. We are tired today)
Spoke Vishwajeet from his bed. I smiled and agreed. It was late.
I switched off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!