The sketch of questions





So when I sit back and go through the books and thoughts I was lost in, it is quite crazy! I happened to be stuck in situations which kept making me question the unquestionable!
Questioning someone is a good thing, but before you reach the stage of questioning, you nee to know the data really. You see, it is always nice to know the facts well. It won't help you win an argument or a debate, it just helps you grow.
When in Ahmedabad I came across this book called 'Debating Gandhi' which is quite an interesting read. It is a nice compilation by A. Raghuramaraju. It consists of essays by known scholars, Gandhians or anti-Gandhians. but nice read it is. There is a chapter called 'The assassination of Gandhi' which talks and questions the killing of Gandhi. Was killing him the ultimate thing? Raghuram Ghodse or nathuram Ghodse as we know him, was a very educated Hindu himself. Hailing from Pune, a konkanastha Brahman took up this job of killing the 'Father' of the nation. But why did you need to kill him? Killing someone would never make Ghodse's case heard. Killing or ending a life is any way a crime, whether you like Gandhi or not!


The very moment I was reading this book in NID, I got a request from this senior to help him in his diploma film's document. The film is based on the 2002 Godhra riots! Think of Gandhi's time, and think of 2002, and you think Man has grown? Not exactly. It is very disturbing to see how politics at the basic stage is eating us up, is scary.

So, I came back to Mumbai, all full with such stories of misery. And I walk with all these questions and doubts in my doubts which have little or no clarifications.

This sketch is what I made on a nice day with things coming out of my mind. There's food in the pan and there is water in the glass, but how do I eat when my head is served at the table itself? How do we eat then? (Not to forget the Jodhpuri elephants I have on my kurta, fill up my mind and the sketch!)

What is sad is that these questions have no answers, but what's good is the fact that there are questions. I will get back to you... Cheers :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!