My projections of PROJECTOR!




Ahmedabad, 12:20 am.

It is late at night. Before I sleep, I thought I should take out all this which is stuck in my mind. Here we go.

I had just returned from my stay in Bajju, a small village in Rajasthan, to Mumbai. I had lived in the village for 6 months and wanted to explore a new place. There was no option better than Mumbai, where I was entering for the second time, not as a tourist, but for bigger plans. These plans were not to make a grand movie, but to start an initiative which was unknown.



I had known Mumbai pretty well, but I knew only the more famous parts of it, as I had only stayed there. I had a friend from NID, Archana Chandrashekhar. I did realise that she was one with an honest heart, something which I had loved in people all my life. I liked people who were no-nonsense attitude.
She was definitely one of those. We randomly met at a coffee store in Ghatkopar and decided that, why don't we start a film club in Thane, which had a lot of educated people but not so 'filmy' people!
I was scared, but I never showed it in front of her. I had got that courage from my experience of performing plays with Kamaan.
She later met one of her school friends, Anthrix Jaykumar, who was happy to offer his sound studio for the first screening. The image shown above was the first screening, which was not bad. More than the quantity, we were happy with the quality of after-screening conversation!

As we crossed other screenings, we had our team building up. We met other members of our team, Sanket , Siddharth and Akash. We realised that this town of Thane was definitely opening up with this medium of cinema and the conversations it triggered in the society.









Screenings happened and with time, I realised that I need to leave mainstream Mumbai and go back to my parents in Gurgaon. As I spent some time alone, I realised that I need to travel alone, exploring truth which was hidded somewhere amidst travels.
Our team member, Sanket got a contact of a celebrity film club member, Shri Nandgaonkar. He screened 'Mirch-Masala', and the screening had the maximum number of people till date. About 50! He was amazing with his screening, but I could not attend it. But I got to know one thing, which I was somehow sure of!










 I realised that the motive we started with the whole idea was not just to screen films of varied interests and backgrounds, but also to let the people to talk them out. This was missing.
Wow,  Archana and most importantly, I knew that somehow WE knew the idea of making people TALK after the screening.
That is the whole idea of calling a community for a screening and making them realise that the whole community is theirs.
Archana and I get this concept of community 'GATHERINGS' as we have worked in villages, which take pride in doing such events.
This is something, which the urban folk can learn from their rural counterparts!
Or else, we are here to make people remind about it. This is genuinely going to make the individual an integral part of the community he/she lives in.

So, the 9th screening of Projector is here:



So, if you are anywhere in or around Thane... Don't miss this.
And very soon, I am packing up for the screenings.
This is the whole idea of awakening my society, with their own COMMUNITY.
 Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!