My trip back HOME!

9:30 a.m., Monday. Jorhat.
Fourteen days had passed and we were walking back in this city, which we had left about a fortnight ago. I had been travelling all my life, but there was something which was unique about this trip. Now why was this trip important? When I look into the answer of this question, I find multiple answers. Firstly, I had begun to settle in the north-eastern part of the country and I was loving it.
Secondly, we were married and this was our first trip together.
Thirdly, this was the first vacation from my job at NID, Assam, and I was really looking forward to going home. But the most important reason being, we had survived this danger of Covid. Many people would not consider this reason that important. But with so many colleagues and relatives losing their lives, I would consider this reason to be the most important.
With both of us getting a vaccine very recently, it was a recent good enough to take a Diwali break and celebrate the festival with our families. And the best point here was, that all our family members were excited.
SHIRDI The first three days were booked for this pilgrimage site. I was not that excited about this place, but what was interesting for me was that the whole family was going to this place. In the older days, this is how families would travel to pilgrimage sites- IN HUGE FAMILIES. So, we had a huge family size of 21 and this included all age groups. I loved it. We returned to Hyderabad and spent great family time here.
We celebrated Diwali and returned home happily. But what was interesting in this trip, is that my wife, Vartika, bought a little staue of the God she saw in Shirdi, and established in our temple. This is it for this week's post. Here is the God at home. Om Sai Ram :
As we meet next week, here are some images from the beautiful trip :

Comments

Unknown said…
Very beautifully crafted Blog & explained n explored. It was a Wonderful Trip Harish Ji and we all are Looking forward ⏩. Thank You & Best Wishes for Upcoming Festive season with Christmas πŸŽ„ & New year ✨!! Till We Meet again 🀝
Jagdish Thakur said…
Beautifully narrated the joy we felt during our trip. Keep writing the blogs, it's always fun to readπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ‘
K Harish Singh said…
Thank you so much Jeetu mama and Jagdish Mausa for those encouraging words. Will keep writing and will continue my weekly blogposts. 😊

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!