THE WORST ADVICE YOU COULD EVER GET ABOUT A NEW YEAR, A NEW JOURNEY

 Hyderabad,

 January 1, 2021.

7:30 am

First of all, I would like to wish all my readers a happy 2021. It is the early hours of 2021, a year which is turning out to be a 'major year' in my life. But how? Let's try dissecting  this term.

Talking about all the advices which have come my way, in 2020, I have realised that the word 'Advice' is a misnomer and has to be very carefully handled.


THE IDEA OF ADVICES


We all know this fact that 2020 has been sad and negative and all those things. And with this thought process, came the strong advices to me that I had to follow about COVID. Most of the advices about health have been good and helpful. Be it the new word 'Mask' or the newer term, 'Social-Distancing'.

But looking at the circumstances, I have definitely lost some dear ones this year, and hence, they have taught me a lot. In this case, advices were not spoken by a human being, but 'ordered' by the celestial power ruling us. A power which has always guided me to take all my major decisions. This power has always made me intuitive.


HOW DID THEY BEGIN

THE FIRST DEATH

It was early January, 2020, and we were enjoying the winters in Gurgaon. I got the news of Malathi Badamma fighting her final battle. She was my mother's eldest sister, and more than a sister, she was a mother to her. I was shaken by the news that why was all this happening. Mom had left for Hyderabad. Obviously, she left all of us. 

I was suddenly reminded of the fact that, life had to end some time, and my parents too would be gone some day. 

The worst part was that I could not do anything about. Just a mute spectator. 





 THE SECOND DEATH



It was getting cold in Delhi. I had gone and met my Bade mama (my elder maternal uncle). He had been diagnosed with cancer about two years ago. He was losing weight at an alarming rate. An uncle who was so jolly about eating and feeding us food, had suddenly lost apetite. I was sad. I was also sad for his family, which was so close to me.

But very soon, he left us. Again, I realised that, I could not do any thing. The power up above was so strong.

Amidst all this, a new disease was spreading. There have been older cases of SARS or Anthrax or Ebola. But I thought, that this disease would also be treated and not touch us. But COVID was different.

It was picking up in India, and spreading quite fearfully.

The lockdown had hit us. Meanwhile, my bade mama's son's wedding came up. I was happy that this good news would take the family to a happy distraction. We were still digesting this sadness, and with this happy news.

But that very night, we got the news that the groom's maternal uncle lost his life to a heart attack. Another big shock for the whole family.


THE THIRD DEATH



The lockdown had cancelled all my travel plans and all my classes in some colleges. I was suddenly stuck home. So, I had to start a new plan for myself. It is in this phase, that I started recording my youtube channel: 

https://www.youtube.com/c/TravelingWithHarishTWH/videos


This new set of episodes was driving some interest and I got the news that my Chhote Mama (younger maternal uncle) had been diagnosed with COVID. I too thought, that he is a very strong man, both physically and mentally, and he will definitely fight back.

But suddenly, he was admitted in the ICU. We had no idea what to do. My chhote mama  had been very close to my mother. And very soon, we were flying from Delhi to Hyderabad. 

And again, we could not do anything. We lost him.



This shook me and my family that why are saving and planning for the future. This is when we thought of packing our bags and took the big decision of moving back home to Hyderabad!



THE BIG MOVE



With the Indian Army being a big reason for it, and we had always been changing base. Even after my father getting retired from the army, my parents and I kept travelling towns and cities, to explore. But 2020, forced us to take the most dangerous, most critical journeys of our lives.

- The first one was to take my Bade mama's dead body in a hospital in Noida. It was when the Lockdown was at its peak. He had no one to offer him a shoulder. I got emotional. All the state borders were closed and driving a vehicle was not allowed.

We took permission, crossed the Haryana to Delhi border, drove through Delhi and then, crossed the Delhi to UP border. Another advice which people asked us not to cross our homes. Back then, everyone was so scared of the virus, but we had to reach and collect bade mama's dead body.

I remember stories of him coming to meet my mother on his motor-bike when she was pregnant. We had to pay back and go. Our vehicle crossed borders and I thanked all the Gods for letting us do it!


- The second one one was when we took the flight to Hyderabad. Though we could not save Chhote mama, even after all our efforts, but we got an idea that we need to come back and give support to my aunt, who was clearly devastated. We were suddenly, FAMILY.

- The third and the biggest one was the big shift from Delhi to Hyderabad. 


HYDERABAD



It was always my chhutti-city or my vacation city, but I had never lived in this city. But I just shifted here, and it is turning out to be beautiful. I am loving the moderate weather. I am trying to explore more of its unknown roads and I am definitely loving.

Some great news stories have been coming my way, which are refreshing. Some great news would be coming up, which made me a strong individual

So, thank you so much for reading this.

And as far as advices go, if you think you are right for doing another right, to someone else, fight the world and ignore that advice.

That would be my advice.

So happy 2021 again.

Stay safe... Stay Strong.

Will catch you next week.

Cheers.



Comments

K Harish Singh said…
Thank you so much 😊
Rajani said…
Very well written Harish. It was so touchy.I know despite the Covid scare n challenges we made certain things going.
Keep up your good work n best wishes on the new year. Be happyalways.

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!