The journey of the SUN!

morning nature river boat
Surise at Jorhat, Assam: 4:30 am

 

10:05 a.m., Jorhat


It was my first morning at Jorhat. In fact, it was still night, and the dawn was setting in. I just heard a lot of birds. This definitely woke me up. I got up, and went to the window to catch a glimpse of the beauty. Being an early morning person, I definitely loved it.

It has been 18 days in this town and one of the newest things I noticed here was the SUN! I could see the daylight seeping in and I was loving the moment.

It is then, that I checked my cellphone, for the time. It was 4:45 a.m.!

I could not believe it then. I had always heard stories from my childhood that in the East, the sun rises early. But I never knew that it would be so early.

Obviously, in the evenings, the sun set early too.

0DSCN1185 Good Bye 2017 - Last Sunset of the Year 2017 … | Flickr
The Jorhat sunset time: 6:30 pm

As a result, I have started having an early dinner and hence, I sleep at 10 p.m.
This is suddenly pushed me back to the childhood lessons, which said:

"Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise".


This has been such a big unlearning process. I realised that my sleep solves so many things in life.
It solves hunger, work, exercise and many things related. 

It is my 18th day, and this is one major thing which this place is teaching me!

That's it for this for this Sunday. Will catch you the next Sunday.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!