The art of knowing VISHWAKARMA, and more!

7:50 om, Jorhat. Hello all. I am sure you are all doing great. I can see that the Ganpati Visarjan is around the corner. I can see that in every message I am getting from relatives back in Hyderabad. But in this very moment, we celebrated a new festival here in Assam. Though it is not very new for the world, but it was new for me. The festival's name was 'VISHWAKARMA POOJA'. We had a pooja in NID, and I definitely saw cars, machines and every machinery getting worshipped in Jorhat. So, I got down to the big question of "WHO ExACTLY WAS VISHWAKARMA?
As I read more about him, I figured out that Lord Vishwakarma, was the lord who created the universe. According to Hinduism, he was an architect, who created various planes of the universe. In fact he was also the son of 'VASTU'. 'Vastu-shatra' became an important study, which Indians follow to figure out 'How and where to live'. In many aspects, it is an Indian equivalent of the Chinese Feng shui. All this was fine, but I got more interested in Vishwakarma, as I got to know about beautiful stories of the celebration of the Pooja here in Assam. On this day, the locals decorate their vehicles, with garlands and flowers. This is celebrated in this belt of Bihar, Bengal and the east.
As I am trying my best to experience into this region, this is how my Vespa looked like:
That's it for this Sunday. Will catch you soon next week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!