My concept of my INDIA

(Picture: Neeraj chopra with the Indian flag in the Tokyo olympics) 8:11 pm. Jorhat, Assam Tomorrow morning would not be an an ordinary morning, as it is would be the 75th independence of my nation. What is in this flag, in this national anthem which gives me goosebumps! MY IDEA OF PATRIOTISM! I have always grown up as a student who has been a good Indian citizen, at least on paper. As I grew up, this feeling of 'Patriotism' went stronger. It was perfect till I started assisting this Delhi-based documentary film-maker Mr. Amar Kanwar, that this feeling of 'Desh-bhakti' was shaken. He comes from a school of thought, which was completely new for me. A school, which taught me to question things about my patriotism.
During this time, I happened to meet many yougsters from regions like Kashmir and the North-east and know them in person.
They were all battling hardships and I just questioned the fact were we all from the same India. I feel we need to work for a HUGE society which would be peaceful, in comparison with a SMALLER entity like a country. I realised that becoming a HUMAN... would always be better than becoming an INDIAN. I need to stand up for my national anthem, but I need to question before harming someone, who is a 'stranger'. This has been a major debate in my mind, becoming more intense all over the last few years. As I spend more time in the north east, I am beginning to meet communities, who have their own idea of 'INDIA', which would be differesnt from mine.
The more I travel this beautiful land, I am looking forward more interesting people. Now, I really looking forward to become an Indian, who would be a better human-being too. That's it for this weekend. See you again, next week. Jai Hind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!