The point behind my TRAVELS

8:00 pm, Jorhat. Sunday Like every Sunday, this sunday too had started with a plan to travel to travel and explore a new place. My parents would be traveling to Hyderabad the next Sunday, so over the morning chai, we discussed where to go! My idea of traveling had always been to enjoy the journey more than the destination. With that concept, you enjoy every moment.
We had a rough idea to travel to Majuli Island, the largest river island on Brahmaputra. Sounded exciting! My parents, my wife and I did not want to waste time, and we started from home. I kept telling myself, that let us not aim to reach the destination and come back, but enjoy the journey. This is exactly my learning at NID has been. They never teach me to do the process, but to enjoy the process. Once you the process, reaching your end point loses meaning. You just live the process. This is the problem with the present day education system. They aim at reaching the end point, that is completing the syllabus first, and not in enjoyiong the learning. As a college professor, this has exactly my process of teaching over the years. We packed up and left for Neemati Ghat, where we find ferries for Majuli. We got into a tempo, as it is the most local way to travel. As we reached the beautiful ghat, we got to know the sad news that the ferry was not running, because of the lockdown. On enquiry, we found out that the services would resume after 16th.
We were not dejected at the news. We had local 'Laal-Chai' and the local omlette. The not-so-lavish dhaba had a woman cooking and serving good food. We came back, after the beautiful sighting of the majestic Brahmaputra. But in the journey, a new thing which I have been witnessing in Assam, is the Visual treat to the eyes. So much of greenery, that I am going mad thinking about it. Well that's it for this Sunday. See you soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!