The idea of 'Slowing Down'!

6: 27 PM, JORHAT. It is tough for me to think of what to choose as a topic for this week's blog post. The world has been moving at a brisk pace.
From a Sri-Lankan song become a viral super hit, to a country's government falling flat, too many things have been happening at the same time. To add to this, my culture celebrated Rakshabandhan, which was another celebration, in this new, yet always welcoming placeof Assam.
I come from the land of Buddha and Gandhi, and catching up with the happenings of the world was never my priority. More than plans of 'Ruling' the world, I have always dreamt of 'Living peacefully' in this beautiful world. I have realised that my nation or my civilisation, gives me so many holidays (across various religions) over a month to celebrate happiness. This is what pushes me inside, and it is there, that I need to make myself content.
I love reading and writing occasionally, but I also like challenging myself creatively. This is my war with myself. It is here that I realise, that I do not need to look outside to my contemporaries, but at my own self. To add to this, I love traveling, which includes taking short drives on my two-wheeler and get lost in this beautiful land. Anything, which is new for me can definitely be termed as 'BEAUTIFUL'.
This gets me down to the idea of slowing down and competing with myself. I do not need to comment on worldly affairs, but I definitely need to know what is happening on this planet. I also realised that I don't need to run with putting up parts of my life on the social media. So, as I continue to explore more inside, I celebrate my journey traveling inside, with putting a new episode on my you tube channel,'Travelling with Harish', very soon. It is actually making me calm.
That is it from my side, this week. See you next week, with more sharing.

Comments

I personally feel that slowing down and challenging one's own self creatively are fast becoming the prerequisites for inner peace!

Hope you always find yours! :)

Popular posts from this blog

HAPPILY EVER AFTER...

The TEA garden visit!

Memories of my 'Chhote Mama'!